Justin sent me this picture while I was at work yesterday. Hands down the most dramatic hound to ever exist.
I can’t say I blame him, though, that’s kind of how I felt on the train this morning.
Here’s a weekend recap, bullet-pointed:
- Justin and I watched The Rum Diary on Friday night and housed some frozen yogurt. We had talked about going to see this movie when it was out in theaters but we never got around to it. The verdict: we liked it! We are both fans of Johnny Depp, so that might have had something to do with it, but on top of that the story line was interesting and the characters were entertaining. I do think that it was a little long, but I was pretty tired so take that with a grain of salt.
- The weather was a little disappointing for most of the weekend. It rained a lot so unfortunately B didn’t make it to the park to see his Great Dane friends. It’s okay though because he’s not wild about the rain (he’ll plunge into the ocean in the middle of the winter but he would rather hold it than go outside in a little rain – he’s a complicated soul) and we’re not wild about a smelly hound running around the house, so we we agreed the the park could wait a few days.
- Justin and I ran around town like a couple of gazelles on Saturday afternoon (only slightly more graceful – I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m pretty light on my feet). It was my longest run yet for the half marathon training and it can be attributed to the support of a carful of 9-year olds. You can read more on that here.
- Justin had to work for the rest of the weekend so I made him some Muffins That Taste Like Donuts to make him feel better. He huffed down 3, rapid-fire, and declared them a success. I agree, they were delightful. I’ll post the recipe tomorrow.
- I finally (finally) put some pictures on the wall in the living room. For a long time the long wall in that room was occupied by 2 unevenly-hung frames housed on nails that were already in the wall when we moved in. No more!
To answer your questions: yes, that is Brody’s cushion on the right (I was of the “no hounds on the couch” school of thought and Justin was of the “hounds everywhere!” school of thought, so we compromised – B is allowed on 1 cushion and the second his little paw crosses over, he’s out on the streets. Just kidding. But seriously B, stay on that cushion) and yes, he likes to have all of his toys right there within easy reach.
But back to the pictures. Let’s go in for a closer look, shall we?
These are all pictures that were taken in (or have to do with) Kauai, HI, where we went for our honeymoon, and Wyoming (specifically, Yellowstone National Park), where Justin went hiking with his brother Josh last fall.
I found some vintage-style prints online that depicted Yellowstone and Hanalei Bay in Kauai, which was the area in which we stayed on our trip, so I got them for Justin as part of his Christmas gift.
The waterfall picture was taken in Kauai and the other three smaller ones were taken at Yellowstone.
Big frames: Hawaii. Smaller frames: Jellystone.
It’s nice to finally have some pictures filling that big wall but more importantly it makes us happy to see them every day and remember what a good time we had on those trips!
Next project: wedding pictures.
In other news, would anyone like to gift me a few tickets to Hawaii? I would be eternally grateful and I would repay you in peanut butter cup cupcakes and muffins that taste like donuts.
I’ll let you mull that over for a day or two. Thank you in advance for saying “Yes.”