Hey folks! I hope everyone had a great weekend…and Monday and Tuesday.
Personally, I am still working on getting my act together this week. I’m not sure where the past 2 days have gone but I’m pretty sure it has something to do with changing the clocks this past weekend. I haven’t really nailed down how I can blame my disorganization on that, but I’m working on it. I’m also having trouble thinking of ways to segue (that word always, always looks misspelled) from one point to the next at the moment, so I’m going steal a move from last week’s playbook and use bullet points instead:
- Friday night was low-key, we went for a run and then somehow ended up watching Megamind, which is an animated movie from a few years ago that has a completely loaded cast: Tina Fey, Will Ferrell, Brad Pitt, Ben Stiller, Jonah Hill, and so on and so forth. It was funny! It was definitely one of those animated films that is geared just as much towards adults as it is to kids. Plus, Tina Fey can do no wrong in my book.
- On Saturday Justin and I went to visit his grandfather and uncle. His dad and brother were there too, so it was nice to spend time with all of them and catch up. Man alive, you can really see the family resemblance when they’re all together!
- Sunday was a big day in this household. I had a long run ahead of me (more on that here) and Justin was gearing up for his first practice for a Flag Football team that he joined. He was introduced to the team through a guy he knows at work and went on Sunday to meet the rest of the team and run some drills. Here is where I would normally post some pictures of Justin running said drills and shaking the hands of his new teammates except that those pictures don’t exist because he forbade me from going. FORBADE! I was all ready to head out, camera in one hand, B’s leash in the other and a Tupperware container of orange slices strapped to B’s back (you know, because my hands were full) when suddenly my dreams were dashed: Justin told me that we weren’t allowed to go to the first practice, something about it being “embarrassing” and that “no one else’s wife and dog will be there.” Rude, right? Well, karma bit him right on the face because he’s the only one on his team that didn’t play football in college. Or high school (or Pop Warner). Everyone was very nice though, and I hear that they don’t have a stellar record, so there isn’t too much pressure on Justin to be the next MVP. Rest assured that I will see that next practice, even if it means having to teach B to hold a video camera, scale a tree and perch like a squirrel.
- We ate some Chinese food on Sunday night. It was delicious. B enjoyed a crab rangoon and has been talking about it ever since. I made some Double Chocolate Mocha cookies
- I’m going to go ahead and continue into Monday since apparently we thought that it was an extension of the weekend (which accounts for the lack of a Tuesday post). It has been so, so nice around here this week – it got up to 70 yesterday! We have been trying to get in as much outside time as possible, so we brought Brody over to my brother’s house on Monday after work so that he could tear around the yard with his pal Riley. You remember Riley, right?
Well, true to form, they went ape and chased each other in circles for a few hours while the humans had an impromptu cookout. PJ made beans in a can on the grill, which I thought was remarkable, and we talked about how great it was to be sitting outside comfortably in mid-March. B was so tired when we got home that he couldn’t even flip his ear right-side-to:
(IPhone picture. You can see his ear, that’s all that really matters.)
- We have some special guests coming into town this weekend (huzzah!) so we have been making plans and doing some things around the house that should have been done long ago, such as fixing the doorknob to the guest room so that the door actually stays shut and B can’t just come barreling in. We have gotten used to the door not shutting (probably because we don’t ever have to sleep in there) but the last time one of Justin’s friends stayed over and we offhandedly told him “oh yeah, that door doesn’t stay shut…just put something in front of it so that Brody doesn’t come in” his expression told us that we should probably do something about it. Also, “just putting something” in front of the door doesn’t work, and we know that (I know, we ARE really good hosts!). So I am pleased to report that that project can be checked off of the list, so you’re welcome, future guests. Next up: teaching B to knock since he can no longer just go screaming in to greet people.